There are lots of options for creating a website today, from do it yourself type web builders to hiring a professional. Here are our top reasons why hiring a pro might be your best option!
- Online web builders are limited: you often have to choose from only a small range of designs, and there is limited choice when it comes to editing the design. With a web designer, you can go to town creating a unique and specialised site just for your business.
- SEO: online web builders aren’t great from an SEO point of view. Yes, they are improving, but they really don’t allow for the sorts of techniques SEO agencies use.
- Domain name: when you do your own site on a web builder, you are restricted to having a URL like webuildyoursite.com/businessname. This doesn’t look great on a business card! When you hire a web designer, you get to have your own domain name (much nicer)
- Adverts: online web builders often have annoying adverts built into their designs, which can be really off putting for clients and customers. You get ad free websites when you go for a web designer!
- Costs: people assume web designers are more expensive that online builders, however this isn’t strictly true. Yes you’ll have a larger initial cost, with some web designers charging £1000s for a bespoke site, however, online web builders are usually charged by the month, and additional charge creep in when you add extra features. With a web designer, you have one flat fee, with online builders, you have a monthly fee for the lifetime of your website. Should you not pay, the website will disappear.